What is NFT Game?
NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) are digital cryptographic tokens on the blockchain. An NFT is a unique item that can be in many digital areas like art, music even games. In the game you play, an item that you collect or an avatar that you have can be an NFT.
Seemingly NFT Gaming is the new era of the gaming world after Atari, PC, and mobile gaming experience. And we are, now, much closer to the real playing experience. In the beginning CryptoKitties, one of the earliest attempts to deploy blockchain technology for recreation and leisure enabled mixing the worlds of finance and gaming.
Briefly, each is unique and owned by the user kitties validated through the blockchain, and its value can increase or decrease based on the market. CryptoKitties cannot be replicated, cannot be transferred without the user’s permission. Gamers can interact with their CryptoKitties, they can buy, sell, and breed them.
With NFT Gaming, a huge mind-shift occurs in our perception. Virtual equipment in the games is no longer an instrument for fun. This is changing these days. A game item can be a matter of having, earning, or investing with NFT Technology.
NFT Game combines traditional gaming features with the latest gameplay mechanism to influence players much more.
How NFT Game works?
NFT games are mainly present on Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain (BSC). They are different from holding cryptos in your wallet. The item that you collect or the character that you have could be NFTs. You can trade or swap your NFTs with other players for profits. Even a player generates income from NFT Games only just by playing. It is called the play-to-earn model.
Why NFT Games became more popular in the Game-fi World?
The main answer to this question is connected with money. A player can sell in-game NFTs such as skins, characters, weapons, virtual territories, and more to other players or collectors. In so much that, this player earns tokens with play-to-earn models. Launching games on blockchains and anchoring them with digital asset-powered economies makes this viable. Especially in low-income countries play-to earn is so popular that can be seen as an alternative income.
The sales volume of NFT increased from $100 million to $2,5 billion in one year between 2020 and 2021. The root cause of that increase became NFT Games. This is becoming increasingly a huge economy.
Play-To-Earn NFT Games
Through the play-to-earn model, a player earns income from NFT Games only just by playing. The more you play the more rewarded with tokens. Earning more the longer you play. One of the most popular NFT Games Axie Infinity became especially popular in the Philippines. Many players are making between $200 to $1000 per month. Earning amount depends on the game’s mechanics and market demand. When you earn NFTs or cryptocurrencies you can easily exchange them in the market.
Popular NFT Games
- Cyrptokitties: a game centered around breedable, collectible, and oh-so-adorable creatures called cyrptokitties
- Axie Infinity: The game contains creatures called “Axies” that players collect and use to duel other players and enemies. Every Axie is a nonfungible token, or NFT, minted on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Sorare: Sorare is a fantasy game of football, where players buy, sell, trade, and manage a virtual team with digital player cards.
- Gods Unchained: Gods Unchained is an online strategy trading card game based on the play-to-earn model. Its trading cards are NFTs with real-world value based on their native GODS token.
- Cyrptomines: It is a sci-fi play-to-earn NFT Game on Binance Smart Chain. In this game, players collect works and spaceships to travel through the universe and search for ETERNAL. this mineral allows them to live another day and make some profits along the way. ETERNAL is also a token that can be exchangeable on the Binance Smart Chain. CryptoMines aims to be the greatest Sci-Fi game on the blockchain while letting their users enjoy being a part of a vast universe, the thrill of strategic gameplay, and of course, earning $ETERNAL.
Eventually, as well as cryptocurrencies and other NFTs, NFT Games are an important part of the future’s new-borning world Metaverse. Already now, huge PC and mobile game industries are winking at this new world.